The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
About Our Tile Roof Installation Services
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we provide all of our valued customers with the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you already have a tile roof that needs replacement, or you are thinking about upgrading to a new tile roof, don't delay - call 417-815-6725 now!
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the aspects involved in installing tile roofing. Mark Cook, manager, actually spent several years in the southwest working with tile roofs. While it's unlikely he will be on your roof to physically install it personally, he knows better than perhaps anyone else in Missouri how to properly install tile roofs.
Plus, when it comes to the many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in Joplin, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 417-815-6725 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
Is Tile Roof Installation Something I Can Do Myself?
There's always a new way to DIY anything you can think up nowadays. Fixing a roof is more complicated however so ask yourself, could you do the following on your own?
- Ascertain if the roof structure load capacity can handle the weight of a tile roof (which can be considerable)
- fortify the roof structure if necessary, that way it won't collapse from a rotted board or beam
- order enough extra tiles ("waste") to account for cuts, and breakage from handling and accidental hits with the hammer while nailing the tiles to the furring strips. 25-40% should be enough, depending on your roof type and experience
- install the proper underlayment for Joplin, MO, you have to know the specific steps and materials which might be different from the tutorials you'd find online, to account for moisture and humidity and temperature range of this region
- rent a boom lift to get those heavy tiles up to the roof
- rent a dumpster for the old roofing material and all the tiles you have accidents with (trust us, it happens more often than you'd think, even to us)
- ensure you properly install the furring strips so that the tiles overlap the correct amount and lay flat and nest properly
- set up your mortar process if you're using tiles that require mortar
- make sure you install the proper side wall, end wall, chimney, pipe, vent, and valley flashings
- conform to local and regional building codes and regulations, including necessary permits and inspections
- pay special attention to hips and ridges so those tiles don't blow off
- cut and flash the valleys correctly so water doesn't rush down one side and then back up underneath the tiles on the other side
- seal up all the ends with "bird stop," which is mortar or other material in the open bottom ends of the tile to keep birds, wasps, and other critters from making homes there
- have a few Home Depot buckets on hand for the next rain or hail storm, just in case you missed something...
That's pretty much it.
Here's the thing, you could attempt to replace your roof yourself (we all understand trying to save a little bit of money), go through the blood, sweat and tears that would result in a roof that MIGHT last you a couple of months, maybe even a year. Or you can call Cook Roofing Company at 417-815-6725 and have trained professionals assist you in getting your roof inspected (for free), we can then help you with your insurance claim, give you an obligation free estimate, and finance your deductible. The best part, instead of worrying about your roof leaking after going through all that hard work by yourself, your roof will be backed by our Lifetime Workmanship Warranty and will last you for decades. There are a lot of roof replacements that are the consequence of homeowners waiting too long to repair it or a DIY roof replacement, we've seen it way too many times. Save yourself the trouble, and call us at 417-815-6725 so we can help you get your roof fixed the right way, the first time.
What Are The Types of Tile Roof Installation?
Most people think of the traditional red terracotta Spanish barrel style tile roofs, but there are actually many different types of tile roof installations. Materials used range from clay, slate, concrete, metal, stone-coated steel, composite, and even plastic. They come in a number of different profiles, including S-tile, barrel tile, flat, double roll ("Roman"), blocks, and more. Tiles may be glazed, or natural, and come in uniform or varied colors. There are looks, colors, and styles to fit many different styles of homes, whether modern, country cottage, old world, southwest, or vintage. Call Cook Roofing Company at 417-815-6725 today to explore what a new tile roof might look like on your house today!
How Much Does Tile Roof Installation Cost?
Well, it's not cheap, but you probably suspected that. If you consider that a solid tile roof may be the last roof you ever pay for, and the fact that many of them are durable against hail and wind if they're installed properly, this could be a sensible investment. A new tile roof installation costs an average of $1200-$1800 per 100 square feet ("square") in Joplin, Missouri, 64801, including materials and disposal.
Whether you plan to stay in your home for a long time, or sell your home in the near future, you could recover as much as 80% or more of the cost of a new tile roof. Tile roofs greatly increase the curb appeal of a home. This is especially true if you use a professional installer like the specialists at Cook Roofing Company. We will give you a competitive and thorough estimate of the cost of a new tile roof installation. Financing is available.
Questions or Concerns For Us? Call Today 417-815-6725
City of Joplin Building Division Information
Building Division contact number 417-624-0820
Building Codes adopted by the City of Joplin Building Division:
BUILDING CODES EFFECTIVE April, 2018
International Building Code (IBC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
International Plumbing Code (IPC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
International Mechanical Code (IMC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
International Fire Code (IFC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
International Existing Building Code (IEC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
International Residential Code (IRC) – 2018 Edition with local amendments.
National Electrical Code (NEC) – 2017 Edition with local amendments.
City of Joplin, Missouri Planning, Development, and Neighborhood Services - Enforcement information
Have an issue with neighbors not keeping their property up, etc?
Phone 417-624-0820 extension 518
Some Interesting Facts About Joplin, Missouri
- Located in what's considered the "Bible Belt," Joplin, MO is home to two Christian colleges: Ozark Christian College, and Messenger College. It is also home to Missouri Southern State University.
- The most famous people around Joplin, Missouri could be considered to be Bonnie and Clyde. They camped there for a few weeks in the 1930's.
- In spite of having hosted one of the most devastating EF-5 tornadoes in US history, Joplin, Missouri is actually a little east of the area roughly designated Tornado Alley. That's little comfort, though, to the 30% of the city that was hit by it.
- Joplin Missouri has the Grand Falls, a popular tourist attraction rated the number 1 thing to do in Joplin by Trip Advisor. It's Missouri's largest, continuously-flowing water fall.
- George Washington Carver, a world famous scientist, botanist, chemist, and educator, was raised on a 210 acre farm near the George Washington Carver National Monument park.
- Joplin was was the rail hub of southwest Missouri, due to the mining from that time. The mining was so extensive that almost 75% of the main part of Joplin has mine shafts and tunnels underneath.