The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
About Our Tile Roof Installation Services
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we provide all of our valued customers with the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you already have a tile roof that needs replacement, or you are thinking about upgrading to a new tile roof, don't delay - call 432-223-0542 now!
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the aspects involved in installing tile roofing. Mark Cook, manager, actually spent several years in the southwest working with tile roofs. While it's unlikely he will be on your roof to physically install it personally, he knows better than perhaps anyone else in Missouri how to properly install tile roofs.
Plus, when it comes to the many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in Sonora, Texas, 76950, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 432-223-0542 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
Can I Install Tile Roofing on My Own?
Nowadays, you can search the internet for a guide to do practically anything. A lot of the times, you can even find a guide to do something you would normally ask for professional help with. Well, if you're thinking about trying to install tiles on your roof, consider the following things you'll need to do:
- Take the time to make sure that your roof is strong enough to handle the weight of a tile roof (which is often heavier than more common roofs).
- Be sure to reinforce your roof against a possible collapse (I.e., make sure there aren't any rotting boards or beams).
- Definitely order extra tiles so that you can account for possibly damaged tiles when you're handling them. It's best to aim for 25-40% of the tile amount you expect for your roof in total.
- You need to use the appropriate underlayment for Sonora. Depending on what region you live in, the material recommended in an online guide you found online may not be suitable for your roof. Different temperature ranges, along with varying levels of humidity and moisture, will cause you to use the appropriate materials.
- If you want the work to be done efficiently, you'll need to rent a boom lift in order to move those heavy tiles up to the roof.
- You're going to have a lot of material you'll need to throw out in this repair, so you'll probably want to rent a dumpster (for all of the removed tile and possible damaged tiles in the process of the repair).
- To make sure that tiles won't overlap unevenly, you need to implement the furring strips properly.
- Of course, you'll need to consider regional building regulations and codes (I.e., the required permits and inspections).
- If you don't want the tiles to get blown off, you need to be aware of any hips or ridges.
But that's all, really.
Replacing your roof is a huge investment, and nobody wants to make the wrong decision. You could try doing it yourself, but you'll probably end up with a leaky roof that will cost you more in repairs than if you had just called Cook Roofing from the start. Call us today at 432-223-0542 for an obligation-free estimate! We can help finance your deductible. If we're not able to help with financing, we can still get you started on getting your insurance claim process rolling by helping inspect your home and giving advice on how best to go about this process. Once we come out and give you an estimate, there's no pressure; take as much time as you need before making any decisions.
What Are The Types of Tile Roof Installation?
Most people think of the traditional red terracotta Spanish barrel style tile roofs, but there are actually many different types of tile roof installations. Materials used range from clay, slate, concrete, metal, stone-coated steel, composite, and even plastic. They come in a number of different profiles, including S-tile, barrel tile, flat, double roll ("Roman"), blocks, and more. Tiles may be glazed, or natural, and come in uniform or varied colors. There are looks, colors, and styles to fit many different styles of homes, whether modern, country cottage, old world, southwest, or vintage. Call Cook Roofing Company at 432-223-0542 today to explore what a new tile roof might look like on your house today!
Pricing of Tile Roofs
A tile roof can cost 2-3 times the cost of a traditional shingle roof. If you plan to stay in your home for many years and financing is available, it may be worth considering even though moving will make recovering 80% of investment difficult at best. However, only use an experienced installer like Cook Roofing Company who knows what they are doing because using inexperienced installers could lead to issues down the road, which would have been avoidable had someone with experience done it right from inception. You can call Cook Roofing Company at 432-223-0542 to get a professional roofer to assess your roofing situation. We'll provide a free assessment of your roof, a quality installation, and a lifetime workmanship warranty.
Questions or Concerns For Us? Call Today 432-223-0542
Tile roofs have many advantages, but like most things, they have their disadvantages as well.
The following list is some possible disadvantages to getting tile roofing:
- High cost. Because of the natural materials used, density, and long life of tile roofing, the average tile roof can cost two to three times more than an asphalt shingle roof.
- Tile roofs can be a bit difficult to install. If you know what you're doing, you can get away with installing an asphalt roof on your own. But a tile roof, however, requires professional help.
- Tile roofing is heavy, relatively speaking. You need to make sure that your roofing structure can handle the weight of the tiles or it might be prone to a collapse. If you're replacing a shingle roof with a tile one, you need a consultant to determine if your roof can handle the weight because a tile roof can weigh up to three times an asphalt roof per square.
- You need a roof with a steep slope in order to install tile roofing.
- Even if tiles can be incredibly dense, there are also quite brittle. They can tank severe weather well, but a falling object, if large enough, can cause some damage. If your tiles break, the repairs can be expensive.