The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
About Our Tile Roof Installation Services
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we provide all of our valued customers with the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you already have a tile roof that needs replacement, or you are thinking about upgrading to a new tile roof, don't delay - call 573-400-0307 now!
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the aspects involved in installing tile roofing. Mark Cook, manager, actually spent several years in the southwest working with tile roofs. While it's unlikely he will be on your roof to physically install it personally, he knows better than perhaps anyone else in Missouri how to properly install tile roofs.
Plus, when it comes to the many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in New Franklin, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 573-400-0307 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
Is Tile Roof Installation Something I Can Do Myself?
Well, yes, in theory. All you have to do is just:
- verify that your roof structure load capacity can handle the weight of a tile roof (which can be considerable)
- fortify the roof structure if necessary, and ensure it's solid and sturdy
- order enough extra tiles ("waste") to account for cuts, and breakage from handling and accidental hits with the hammer while nailing the tiles to the furring strips. 25-40% should be about right, depending on your roof configuration and your skills
- install the proper underlayment for New Franklin, Missouri, 65274, which likely differs from what you might see on YouTube, to account for moisture and humidity and temperature range of this region
- rent a boom lift to get those heavy tiles up to the roof
- rent a dumpster for the old roofing material and all the tiles you'll drop or break (it happens even to the pros)
- make sure you properly install the furring strips so that the tiles overlap the correct amount and lay flat and securely nest
- set up your mortar process if you're using tiles that require mortar
- make sure you install the proper side wall, end wall, chimney, pipe, vent, and valley flashings
- conform to local and regional building codes and regulations, including necessary permits and inspections
- pay special attention to hips and ridges so those tiles don't blow off
- cut and flash the valleys correctly so water doesn't rush down one side and then back up underneath the tiles on the other side
- seal up all the ends with "bird stop," which is mortar or other material in the open bottom ends of the tile to keep birds, wasps, and other critters from making homes there
- have a few Homer buckets on hand for the next thunderstorm, just in case you missed something...
That's pretty much it.
Or you could call the Tile Roof Installation Specialists at Cook Roofing Company and get a new tile roof that comes with a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty and the peace of mind that comes with knowing it was installed professionally, and will be fixed if there are any issues. There's a long way from watching it on YouTube, to the first rain on the new roof. And if it's not done correctly, it could cost a lot more to call someone out to fix it than just getting it done right the first time. In case you missed that number, here it is again: 573-400-0307
Leaking tile roofs are often the result of poor tile roof installation. They're not that common in New Franklin, Missouri, so it's not hard to understand why many have been installed incorrectly. If you want yours installed right the first time, give us a call. We’d be happy to meet with you personally and take care of your metal roofing questions, concerns, repairs, or installation. Our number is 573-400-0307, and there’s no obligation with a free estimate.
What Are The Types of Tile Roof Installation?
Most people think of the traditional red terracotta Spanish barrel style tile roofs, but there are actually many different types of tile roof installations. Materials used range from clay, slate, concrete, metal, stone-coated steel, composite, and even plastic. They come in a number of different profiles, including S-tile, barrel tile, flat, double roll ("Roman"), blocks, and more. Tiles may be glazed, or natural, and come in uniform or varied colors. There are looks, colors, and styles to fit many different styles of homes, whether modern, country cottage, old world, southwest, or vintage. Call Cook Roofing Company at 573-400-0307 today to explore what a new tile roof might look like on your house today!
The Average Price of Tile Roofs
A tile roof can cost 2-3 times the cost of a traditional shingle roof. That said, if you plan to stay in your home for quite some time and financing is available, it may be worth considering this durable option over other roofs that might need repairing more often. Whether or not you think about moving when replacing your old tiles, make sure an experienced installer installs them correctly so they last as long as possible! The average cost of your investment is $1200-$1800 per 100 sq/ft in New Franklin. Contact Cook Roofing Company at 573-400-0307 to get a professional roofer to assess your roofing situation.
Questions or Concerns For Us? Call Today 573-400-0307
Tile roofs have many advantages. Yes, they're more expensive than many other roofs, but they're that way for a reason. Here are some of the positive aspects of tile roofing:
- Won't decay, unlike wood tiles
- Regulates temperatures indoors better
- A wide variety of materials to choose from (like clay, slate, and concrete) along with a variety of colors. You can even pick different styles like medieval or Contemporary European.
- Great durability. Because of how dense they are and the materials used, tile roofs can last up to 100 years in the right climate. Tile roofs are known to withstand hail, fires, and high winds. A lot of manufactures will offer a 50-year warranty on tile roofing.
- Tiles are environment-friendly and, because they're made of natural materials, can be recycled.
- Barely any maintenance involved. Leaks in a tile roof rarely ever happen unless it's because of an extraordinary circumstance.