The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
About Our Tile Roof Installation Services
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we provide all of our valued customers with the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you already have a tile roof that needs replacement, or you are thinking about upgrading to a new tile roof, don't delay - call 515-305-3253 now!
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the aspects involved in installing tile roofing. Mark Cook, manager, actually spent several years in the southwest working with tile roofs. While it's unlikely he will be on your roof to physically install it personally, he knows better than perhaps anyone else in Missouri how to properly install tile roofs.
Plus, when it comes to the many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in Bedford, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 515-305-3253 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
Is Tile Roof Installation Something I Can Do Myself?
Well, yes, in theory. All you have to do is just:
- verify that your roof structure load capacity can handle the weight of a tile roof (which can be considerable)
- fortify the roof structure if necessary, and ensure it's solid and sturdy
- order enough extra tiles ("waste") to account for cuts, and breakage from handling and accidental hits with the hammer while nailing the tiles to the furring strips. 25-40% should be about right, depending on your roof configuration and your skills
- install the proper underlayment for Bedford, Iowa, 50833, which likely differs from what you might see on YouTube, to account for moisture and humidity and temperature range of this region
- rent a boom lift to get those heavy tiles up to the roof
- rent a dumpster for the old roofing material and all the tiles you'll drop or break (it happens even to the pros)
- make sure you properly install the furring strips so that the tiles overlap the correct amount and lay flat and securely nest
- set up your mortar process if you're using tiles that require mortar
- make sure you install the proper side wall, end wall, chimney, pipe, vent, and valley flashings
- conform to local and regional building codes and regulations, including necessary permits and inspections
- pay special attention to hips and ridges so those tiles don't blow off
- cut and flash the valleys correctly so water doesn't rush down one side and then back up underneath the tiles on the other side
- seal up all the ends with "bird stop," which is mortar or other material in the open bottom ends of the tile to keep birds, wasps, and other critters from making homes there
- have a few Homer buckets on hand for the next thunderstorm, just in case you missed something...
That's pretty much it.
Or you could call the Tile Roof Installation Specialists at Cook Roofing Company and get a new tile roof that comes with a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty and the peace of mind that comes with knowing it was installed professionally, and will be fixed if there are any issues. There's a long way from watching it on YouTube, to the first rain on the new roof. And if it's not done correctly, it could cost a lot more to call someone out to fix it than just getting it done right the first time. In case you missed that number, here it is again: 515-305-3253
Leaking tile roofs are often the result of poor tile roof installation. They're not that common in Bedford, Iowa, so it's not hard to understand why many have been installed incorrectly. If you want yours installed right the first time, give us a call. We’d be happy to meet with you personally and take care of your metal roofing questions, concerns, repairs, or installation. Our number is 515-305-3253, and there’s no obligation with a free estimate.
Tile Roofs Come In A Wide Variety
The Spanish Red tile roofs are iconic for New Mexico, but not Iowa. But that doesn't mean you can't own that style for your own home. There is a variety of styles and colors to complement any home design, including old world, southwest style roof tiles which can be made from slate or clay materials. Other possible profiles include barrel tile with glazed or natural finishes in uniform color tones such as white, grayish-browns, and earthy reds that will accentuate your exterior aesthetic beautifully, especially if you're looking for an alternative to the traditional brick look! You can call Cook Roofing Company today at 515-305-3253 to learn more about your options for a new tile roof.
Pricing of Tile Roofs
A tile roof can cost 2-3 times the cost of a traditional shingle roof. That said, durable tiles may be your last expense if you plan to stay in your home for a long time, and financing is often available. Even if you're thinking about moving, though, an investment as small as $1200-$1800 per square (100 sq ft) will recover 80% of that when experienced professionals like Cook Roofing Company install it. You can call us today at 515-305-3253 for a free assessment of your roofing situation, a lifetime workmanship warranty, and a quality installation.