The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
What Makes Us Different From Other Roofers?
You have many choices when sorting through Roofers in West Point, MO, so why should you choose Cook Roofing Company?
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we provide all our valued customers with the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you have a roof that needs replacement or just roof repair, or you are looking to upgrade to a metal roof, don't put it off - call 816-680-6996 now!
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the intricacies of installing metal roofing. Plus, when it comes to many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in West Point, MO, 64722, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 816-680-6996 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
About our services
Our Roofers in West Point Can Handle the Following:
- Metal shingle roofs
- Gutters and siding
- Soffits and fascia
- Standing seam metal roofs
- Exposed fastener metal roofs
- Shingle roofs
- Slate roofs
- Tile roofs
- Wood shake roofs
- EPDM, TPO, PVC, and BUR flat roofs
- Hail damage
- Wind Damage
- And most other type of repair or replacement
Roofers that will Go the Extra Mile
If you're looking for experienced roofers that will go the extra mile to repair the damages of your roof in its entirety, then look no further! Roofing is a big job. It's not something you want to do on your own, and it's not something you should have to pay for out of pocket. If you need some help getting your roof fixed or replaced, give us a call today at 816-680-6996! Our estimators are skilled in providing insurance-compliant estimates and finding details that insurance adjusters often miss - which means they can find more money for your project than other companies might be able to. Plus, they'll make sure everything is done right the first time around so that when it comes time to file another claim with your insurer (which will happen eventually), they won't say "No." They'll just say "Yes!"
Not All Roofers in West Point, Missouri Are the Same
Insurance companies will try to make you think you need to go get multiple estimates, like it's a stated requirement in your policy or something. It's not though. When you require a roof replacement or roof repair due to storm damage, fire, or other disaster, and you have an insurance claim, you're in a vulnerable position, and you'll never recover for the seemingly-endless struggle and in some cases heartache you go through.
Even hail damage means you need major construction on your house. It might not look like it, but if you've ever been inside a house getting a new roof, it's like the 4th of July all day long. Banging on the roof. debris and strangers everywhere, walking around your house and property, materials thrown haphazardly around (which they will of course pick up, of course, but still...).As if that's not bad enough, your insurance company wants you to get three or more estimates for the repairs. This implies that contractors are going to try to price gouge you, and rip you off, so you'd better search for the lowest price – AKA look for the thrift store of roofers, as though price is the only concern. You know that you are going to get what you pay for, but you feel you're required to get the lowest bid. Does this sound familiar?
On YouTube there's a story about a homeowner who saved $400 by going with the cheapest roofer. This happens more often than you might think, just look up "worst roofing job ever." This story goes that insurance paid for a roof replacement, and the homeowners got several bids. The contractor who made the video was only $400 more. He was going to do the job right, but the owner went with the cheapest contractor because that’s what their insurance company encouraged them to do. He got called back out months later, because the roof was leaking.
This other contractor didn't remove the old roof, he just roofed right over the old ones. He didn't replace any vents, and he didn't even bother to fix the flashing, which also should have been replaced. They didn't seal all the exposed fasteners. That might not seem like a big thing, but every part of your roof has to be sealed to keep the water out. That's the whole point of a roof.
Now the whole roof needs to be torn off and replaced, at even more cost to the owners, because there are now two layers of shingles. Just when you think to yourself, "it can't get any worse, that's what insurance is for, right?" Well, insurance won't pay for this reinstall, because it wasn't caused by a "covered peril."
We see shoddy installation jobs more frequently than you would think. It seems that everyone with a hammer and a truck can be a roofer, and these self-taught handymen like to go around and "fix" people's roofs "for real cheap."
Sometimes they don't take the deposit and run (but sometimes they do). Sometimes they actually show up and do the work you paid them for, and when they finish, you wonder if it would have been better if they had skipped town.
No one wants their roof trending on YouTube with the title "worst roofing job ever!"
Here are some things you can do to prevent that:
- Don't go with the cheapest roofer in [iss_city_abbr_state] you can find.
- Go with a contractor with the experience to do the job right, the first time.
- Use a roofing company who backs their work with the best warranty in the industry.
Cook Roofing Company roofers in West Point, Missouri treats our customers like we treat our friends and family. We treat your construction project like it was on our own house. Call for a free inspection and no obligation estimate today at 816-680-6996.
Questions or Concerns For Us? Call Today 816-680-6996
- Simply put, check your roof for a consistent appearance
- A sub-par roof repair will consist of different colored shingles, or the new shingles may be a different material from the old shingles.
- Nails used improperly on shingles
- Expert roofing contractors will know how to use proper nailing techniques. If you see that nails are pushed in too deeply (as if too much pressure was used when they were applied), or if the nails are rusted, then your roof was installed poorly. A good roofer won't use too much pressure when nailing, and they will use rust-resistant nails.
- Re-used Flashing
- This is one of the more overt signs that you've used a bad roofing service. Old flashing should only be used once, and any roofer that attempts to re-use old flashing when repair your roof cares more about getting paid than doing a proper repair.
- Drip Edge Flashing is not included in your roof repair
- Typically, Edge Flashing has been included in repairs in recent years. It's designed to protect against water damage and pest infestation. If your roof repair is missing this component, you've gotten a less than decent repair.
- Not addressing possible rotted roof decking
- Any good roofer will tear away the old material and check to see if the roof decking is rotted underneath. Without this problem being addressed, the new shingle and flashing will have a hard to time staying nailed to the rotted plywood underneath that wasn't replaced.
Before you blindly commit to a roof repair, there are a few expenses you should look out for in your estimate. Make sure that your estimate is as specific and has a line item list for you to review that includes items such as the following: (any repairs that your get for your roof that you don't see in the estimate will be factored into the final cost and likely make it higher than the original estimate)
- Shingle cost
- The number of nails used per shingle
- Whether you got Active or Passive Ventilation installed
- If Ridge Capping was installed
- If an Underlayment was installed
- If a Drip Edge was installed
- If an Ice & Water Shield was installed
- How many pipe boots were installed, if any
- How many layers of your old roof will be removed
- If there was rotten decking was removed
- What warranties you'll get with your roof replacement
- How long your estimate is valid (typically 90 days)
- A Right to Recession (for you to back out of using a contractor)
- Experience as a roofer in similar roofing repair projects
- Able to make a thorough evaluation of the damage in your roof
- Can help you file your insurance claim