The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
What Makes Us Different From Other Roofers?
You have many choices when sorting through Roofers in Mount Vernon, MO, so why should you choose Cook Roofing Company?
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we provide all our valued customers with the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you have a roof that needs replacement or just roof repair, or you are looking to upgrade to a metal roof, don't put it off - call 417-815-6725 now!
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the intricacies of installing metal roofing. Plus, when it comes to many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in Mount Vernon, Missouri, 65712, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 417-815-6725 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
About our services
Our Roofers in Mount Vernon, MO Can Fix Damage to the Following:
- Shingle Roofs
- Tile Roofs
- Slate Roofs
- Gutters and Sliding
- Seam Metal Roofs
- Wood Shake Roofs
- Soffits and Fascia
- Gutters and Siding
- EPDM, TPO, PVC, and BUR Flat Roofs
- Fastener Metal Roofs
- Synthetic Roofs
- Windows and Doors
- And most other common roofing styles
Roofers that do Thorough Work
If you're looking for experienced roofers that will go the extra mile to repair the damages of your roof in its entirety, then look no further! We at Cook Roofing Company are experienced in presenting insurance-compliant estimates and pinpointing details insurance adjuster will often miss. Sometimes we miss out on a job because we try to convince your insurance company to pay more rather than do a half-job for what they're willing to pay for. We're not like other roofing companies in Mount Vernon that are happy for you to cash the tiny check your insurance sent that so they can install a few shingles on your roof and nail possibly damaged flashing back on. We'll make sure to work with you until insurance agrees to the full repair we recommend, or we won't take the work. For this guarantee, you can call us today at 417-815-6725.
Not All Roofers in Mount Vernon, Missouri Are the Same
Insurance companies will try to make you think you need to go get multiple estimates, like it's a stated requirement in your policy or something. It's not though. When you require a roof replacement or roof repair due to storm damage, fire, or other disaster, and you have an insurance claim, you're in a vulnerable position, and you'll never recover for the seemingly-endless struggle and in some cases heartache you go through.
Even hail damage means you need major construction on your house. It might not look like it, but if you've ever been inside a house getting a new roof, it's like the 4th of July all day long. Banging on the roof. debris and strangers everywhere, walking around your house and property, materials thrown haphazardly around (which they will of course pick up, of course, but still...).As if that's not bad enough, your insurance company wants you to get three or more estimates for the repairs. This implies that contractors are going to try to price gouge you, and rip you off, so you'd better search for the lowest price – AKA look for the thrift store of roofers, as though price is the only concern. You know that you are going to get what you pay for, but you feel you're required to get the lowest bid. Does this sound familiar?
On YouTube there's a story about a homeowner who saved $400 by going with the cheapest roofer. This happens more often than you might think, just look up "worst roofing job ever." This story goes that insurance paid for a roof replacement, and the homeowners got several bids. The contractor who made the video was only $400 more. He was going to do the job right, but the owner went with the cheapest contractor because that’s what their insurance company encouraged them to do. He got called back out months later, because the roof was leaking.
This other contractor didn't remove the old roof, he just put shingles right over the old ones. He didn't replace any vents or flashings, he didn't even bother to tuck the new shingles under the old flashings. They didn't caulk all the exposed nails. Now the whole roof needs to be torn off and replaced, at full price - well, more, because there are now two layers of shingles. But guess what? Insurance won't pay for the redo, because that wasn't caused by a "covered peril."
We see botched install jobs all the time. It seems that everyone with a hammer and a truck can be a roofer, and these roofers like to go around and "fix" people's roofs. Sometimes they don't take the deposit and run. Sometimes they actually show up and do work, and sometimes it would have been better if they'd skipped town.
So how do you avoid having your house on YouTube with the title "worst roofing job ever!"? Here are a few hints. Don't go with the cheapest roofer in Mount Vernon, MO you can find. Go with someone who's been doing this for a long time. Go with someone who backs their work with the best warranty in the industry. Cook Roofing Company roofers in Mount Vernon, Missouri treat our customers like we treat our friends and family, and your house like it was our own. Call for a free inspection and no obligation roof estimate today at 417-815-6725.
Questions or Concerns For Us? Call Today 417-815-6725
- Simply put, check your roof for a consistent appearance
- A sub-par roof repair will consist of different colored shingles, or the new shingles may be a different material from the old shingles.
- Nails used improperly on shingles
- Expert roofing contractors will know how to use proper nailing techniques. If you see that nails are pushed in too deeply (as if too much pressure was used when they were applied), or if the nails are rusted, then your roof was installed poorly. A good roofer won't use too much pressure when nailing, and they will use rust-resistant nails.
- Re-used Flashing
- This is one of the more overt signs that you've used a bad roofing service. Old flashing should only be used once, and any roofer that attempts to re-use old flashing when repair your roof cares more about getting paid than doing a proper repair.
- Drip Edge Flashing is not included in your roof repair
- Typically, Edge Flashing has been included in repairs in recent years. It's designed to protect against water damage and pest infestation. If your roof repair is missing this component, you've gotten a less than decent repair.
- Not addressing possible rotted roof decking
- Any good roofer will tear away the old material and check to see if the roof decking is rotted underneath. Without this problem being addressed, the new shingle and flashing will have a hard to time staying nailed to the rotted plywood underneath that wasn't replaced.
- There's water leaking into your house
- You spot mold in the ceiling or attic of your house
- There's visible damage to your shingles
- It's been at least 20 years since your roof has been replaced