The Cook Roofing Company Difference:
- Free Roof Estimate
- Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- Fast Response Time
- We Work with All Insurance Companies
- Certified & Insured
- 5-Star Google Rating
Learn About Our Metal Roof Services!
Here at Cook Roofing Company, we aim to ensure that all of our valued customers receive the highest quality support and treatment. Whether you already have a metal roof that needs replacement or repair, or you are looking to upgrade to a metal roof, don't put it off - call 915-975-7321 now!
Metal roof installation requires more than just a screwdriver and tin snips. There are special flashings and pieces that go on the ridge, pitch transitions, rakes, eaves, gutters, end walls, head walls, clips, and more. The ends of the panels have to be cut a certain way and folded to ensure water doesn't get inside.
Cook Roofing Company professionals understand the intricacies of installing metal roofing. Plus, when it comes to many other aspects of construction and repairs on your commercial or residential property in Thorntonville, Cook Roofing Company will make sure that all the work is done right, so that your property looks great and is secure and dry again for years to come. Call today at 915-975-7321 to experience the Cook Roofing Company difference!
Why Would You Want to Upgrade to a Metal Roof?
Whether you’re thinking of upgrading your home roofing system, or need to replace your existing worn-out roof, chances are good that you’ve considered a new metal roof. In fact, that’s likely why you’re reading this page! Cook Roofing Company has experience installing, repairing, and replacing metal roofs. We have been called out many times to fix leaking metal roofs - usually a result of poor metal roof installation. It’s amazing how many have been installed incorrectly. If you want yours installed right the first time, give us a call. We’d be happy to meet with you personally and take care of your metal roofing questions, concerns, repairs, or installation. Our number is 915-975-7321, and there’s no obligation with a free estimate.
Are Metal Roofs Durable?
When properly installed, metal roofs can withstand wind gusts up to 140 mph. Most metal roofs will not corrode in Thorntonville, TX, as long as the right type is chosen for this area’s climate. Coatings and treatments are available to provide even more protection.
Depending on the thickness of the metal you choose, metal roofing can withstand hail of up to 2″ in diameter, as well as other impacts such as blown debris. The thickness is referred to as “gauge,” with the smaller numbers indicating thicker and stronger material. For example, 29 gauge is thinner than 26 gauge, of the two most common thicknesses available. 26 gauge is much more resistant to denting from hail than 29 gauge.
It is important to note that sometimes hail does still dent metal roofs. Cook Roofing Company suggests that you maintain insurance coverage on your new metal roof, even though carriers often suggest an exclusion to save money. Call us at 915-975-7321 to find out more about metal roofs today.
Can Metal Roofs Trap Moisture?
Water can become trapped anywhere, on any roof, because of poor-quality installation or repair. This can eventually cause serious damage to the underlying structure. That's why it's especially important, in an area like Thorntonville, TX, that you get professional installation from experienced and skilled Metal Roof specialists from Cook Roofing Company to install your new metal roof.
Low-grade metals may also be thinner and less durable and more prone to buckling and denting. Thin metal will dent more easily during hail storms and installation. And if using architectural or R panels (exposed fastener metal roofing), the fasteners must be tightened straight, so as not to deform the neoprene washers that seal the fastener holes. Those fasteners must be replaced every so often. Cook Roofing Company can help you decide what kind of Metal Roof is right for your house in Thorntonville.
What Types of Metal Roofing Materials Are There?
For most people, when the phrase “metal roof” is mentioned, what comes to mind is a steel roof. However, metal roofing is an umbrella phrase for a variety of materials.
- Steel Roofing
- Aluminum Roofing
- Copper Roofing
- Tin Roofing
What Are The Main Styles of Metal Roofs?
There are several different styles of metal roofing:
- Mechanical and snap lock metal roofing connections form tight connections that make water infiltration near impossible to damage your roof.
- Metal shingles can come in various cuts and sizes and can imitate various styles of shapes.
- Corrugated metal roofing is great for outbuildings, barns, and sheds. This is because it’s a cost-effective material. But it also comes in thicker gauges – up to 22 gauge – providing higher strength than thinner metals.
- Exposed fastener metal panel roofing is a commonly-seen metal roof type. It is more affordable than standing seam roofing, but has one serious drawback: tens of thousands of fasteners which puncture right through the very top of the panels, and sealed with neoprene washers which have about 10 years of protection from leaks. Most other roofing types have hidden fasteners. These roofs often leak from those screw holes.
- Standing seam roofing is the ultimate for durability, protection, and curb appeal. Standing seam roofing has no exposed fasteners to leak. The panel seams and joints are interlocking, and in some cases crimped and/or welded. Standing seam roofs come in a broad range of colors, whether baked on at the factory, or using site-applied coatings.